R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help needed. Problem with Castle Creations.support
Old 02-23-2010, 12:07 AM
Armstrong
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jstall7543
Good luck with that! They need to evaluate the esc before they ship you a knew one. That's just the way it works in the RC world. You will be very lucky if anything happens the way you want it to. Send it in and be patient or your going to be upset for the next month or so. I feel your pain, I spent $330 on a tekin rx8 combo, from Tower, that didn't work right out of the box, shipped it back $12.00 priority mail, got it back and it worked for about 5min, $12.00 shipped it back, finally got a new esc and it's worked flawless ever since. Long story short it took about 90 days to get a working system. Tekin made good on it in the end. I was loco for the longest time but now I'm good!
Originally Posted by CaptCrunch
I don't think I've heard of ANY RC parts supplier who will cross ship replacement parts. I've ALWAYS had to send the defective one in fiirst.
Originally Posted by 88NATE
+1

....It's just logical.

Trust me, it has been done before and already quite a few times. You just need to be persistent. They agree on these sorts of stuff as long as you agree to leave your credit card number to them, and you know someone from the inside.

If you're long enough on the hobby, you'll know some companies really do have very good support. HPI even ships out parts free of shipping without you sending in the parts. Just a picture of the damage and that's done. Actually done this twice already, once on the Wheely King and once on the Baja 5b SS, and I'm not talking about cheap parts.

And with regards to this particular item, they don't even have to evaluate. Not a single speck of dirt. It's right out of the box. Never ever mounted on a kit yet.

Last edited by Armstrong; 02-23-2010 at 12:23 AM.