R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 11:03 PM
chownr
Tech Initiate

Default Front C arms the weakest link?

Guys
when I first got my XXXs I went through a bad patch of breaking front c arms almost every meeting I went to although to be honest it was probably because I was going much faster than I ever had and felt like I could push hard through every corner no matter fast, sweeping or slow corners. I tried the graphite parts and that didnt work either, that said as some of you guys have stated the hits the car was taking I deserved to break something. My solution was first toi acknowledge the need to slow down and be a bit more precise with my driving. The second was to purchase a BRP wide bumper (www.brpracing.com/6226.html) which at roughly the same price as a set of front arms was the best investment money could buy (and Bud was even good enough to ship it overseas to me!!). Since I got the bumper I havent broken any front end parts despite taking some huge hits - last night my club ran a very fast and flowing track (kinda pseudo oval!!) and they use 2 inch square guttering to mark the track out. TC3 owners, streetweapon owners and XXXs owners without the BRP bumper were breaking arms like nobodies business, but despite me having some big hits and cartwheels no breakages.

My message is simple if you already have a XXXs get yourself a BRP bumper. If you havent bought a XXXs yet get one soon all the rumours about its speed and forgiving handling are true and for $8.95 you can get an aftermarket hop up (BRP bumper) that makes the front end almost bullet proof!!!!