R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 FLORIDA WINTERNATS AT FT. MYERS ,FLORIDA
Old 02-21-2010, 05:47 PM
GMartinez
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Paul Sweeney
Just Got Back Yesterday From 2 Weeks In Florida (1st Wk WINTER NATS...2nd Wk Bass Fishing) & Had A GREAT TIME. To The Ft.Myers Crew, I Want To Say Great Job In Keeping The Program Running Smoothly. It Was Good To See Some Old Friends ( George M. Pooh W. Richard K. Tory S. DJ. Paolo M. Rafael A. & Maxey V. ) & Make Some New One's (Marco, Malo, Francisco M. & His Mechanic: Giacomo) After 2 Disapointing Qualifier's On Day 3, & Being VERY FRUSTRATED, I Was Ready To Give Up & Sell All My RC Equipt. With The Help Of My Good Friend & Mentor PEDRO GONZALEZ Who Believed In Me & Gave Me The Confidence I Needed, We Worked On My Car Made The Necessary Changes & Proceded to The Track The Next Day To Run My Main. After Settlling In, & Running My First 30 Min Main, I Was On My Way To Bump From E-D Main With A Car That Was Easy To Drive. After Running My Previous 30 min Main, I Was Ready To Give Round 2 (D-Main) A Go. Starting In 9th Position, I battled My Way Up To The 2nd Spot. With 2 Laps Down From 1st, With About 5 min Left In The Race, My Car Was Hit, & Suffered A Broken Wing. I Came Back Into The Pits, Had Pedro Fix The Wing, & Finished In 1st Place (After the Bump Ups) Finishing 1st In The D & Coming So Close To Bumping In The C Has Allowed Me To Accomplish More Than I Ever Dreamed Of At The 2010 Winter Nats. So To My Friend Pedro Gonzalez, Thank You For Pushing Me To Believe In Myself & To Not Give Up.
Paul Glad to hear you got home safe it was ablast seeing you as well.
Look at the Brightside even on a bad day you still get to hangout with the boys & Hope you a great catch see ya next year