R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Greater Los Angeles Club Meeting this Saturday 2.20/10
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 PM
Danny A.
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have heard that some there are some people that believe that I am out to take over Greater LA. I must make this perfectly clear as I may not be given the time tomorrow to address this point. I am not out to take over GLA.

I had two main motivations for pushing the leadership of GLA to allow the membership the opportunity to vote for who they thought would best represent their club.

(So you know, I have spoken these same points over with Glen, Tom and anyone who was at the meeting in January)

The first reason I wanted to see the floor open up for nominations was simply to get more members involved in the running of the club. I thought that if the work load was distributed to more members in the club that things would run more smoothly. I really never thought that it was fair that one or two people were in charge having to do all the work. So simply put I thought that pushing for elections would help solve that problem and I have been pushing for elections since late 2007.

The second reason I wanted to see elections/nominations happen was to find out who was interested in coming to such a meeting where their voice could be heard. Running a club entails work and I always believed that there were many capable people in the racing community who would be great assets and contributers to our racing. I also wanted to see who might be willing to take on some of the responsibilities.

All I have wanted to see happen was what was supposed to be granted by the club this entire time, AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THE MEMBERSHIP TO BE GRANTED THEIR VOICE THROUGH A VOTE AS STATED IN THE CLUB BY LAWS.
I have no problem with the majority voting to keep the same group of people running the show, if that is how you truly feel that is fine with me, and all I have suggested it that you should be given the chance to have that say.

In short, I was hoping to create a forum where we who race onroad could express our opinions and vote for change if that is what we as a whole wanted.

I suppose we will see tomorrow.