R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - just got nitro firestorm anything I should know?
Old 02-19-2010, 04:48 PM
shanty140
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

For a beginner truck it is pretty good and tough. If you don't switch the pullstart out always carry an extra. Maybe some front A-arms and tie-rods. Maybe carry an extra drive shaft, I have seen them fall out before. If you hit something hard straight on you may need a new top plate, but the fix for that is not to hit curbs, car tires, trees ,etc LOL.

Other then that if you drive on the street maybe another pair of tires as the ones on the vehicles won't last long on pavement.

Go through the vehicle completely and make sure everything is right. When working at the hobbystore this was the leading vehicle to have problems out of the box. Doesn't mean it's not a good vehicle, but just needs a look at. I have seen them come without clutch shoes, slippers and more. Also check the linkage setup, almost every vehicle that I saw had the linkage adjusted wrong and would leave the carb half open at neutral. If you have already driven the vehicle you don't really have to worry about this. But every vehicle I buy I always go through the screws to make sure there tight and have lock-tight on the screws that go into metal.