R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 09:50 AM
The Hawaiian
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Numburn
I hate to ask, but is there any way to get the performance out of the SP LPF comparable to the Tekin RS or Mamba Max Pro? I recently installed the LPF in my sedan with an Orion Vortex 17.5 and simply cannot hang with the other guys that have gone the way of the boost/turbo. I've tried the 110 and 107 versions and prefer the 107. I'm running a 6.0 FDR with 26 degree timing on the ESC and about half the timing advance on the motor (sorry, don't have exact degrees at the moment).

Last night I pulled off the track at 170F degrees on the motor so I'm pushing it about as hard as I can. The Tekin/MMP guys are coming off the track much cooler and are faster. I'm still tinkering with gearing but I don't think that's really the issue. The other guys' acceleration AND top speed blow me away. Some are running the same car and close to same setup so it can't be that. One guy running a SP is hanging with them but still just barely hanging and his temps are way too high.

My theory is that since the other ESC's are adjusting timing based on RPM they are essentially shifting gears. At low RPM they have the torque of low timing advance then it increases at higher RPM when the load isn't as great. This generates less heat so they can gear higher. Correct me if I'm wrong here. I'm a bit of a noob in this area.

Can we expect the next software update to get the Speed Passion LPF on the same level as the Tekin? Am I just missing something and it already is if setup properly?
I'm running the same LPF in my Xray T2 007 set up for RCGT...I run the 107.
duo 2 17.5
78 spur, 28 pinion 48pitch gears
FDR = 4.74
motor timing to second mark, 20 degree???
"DRRS" = 9
"AMTS = 8
car is fast and has good bottom end as well...I run on aspalt tracks..just watch your motor temps...and were all waiting for a program update