R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Hill Camp Courtney RC Park Okinawa Japan
Old 02-18-2010, 07:59 PM
pgeldz
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Agreed, I love me some Small AMERICAN businesses, but I will be making a HobbyKing LiPo purchase next week.
HA HA HA

Originally Posted by Murdadock
Now that I have worked most ofmy issues out with the DB01 and TA05, I am pretty sure I am not going to buy Tamiya anymore. They make good stuff, it is just hard to find parts, especially stateside. The focus too much on their plastic models and not enough on RCs.
Jason, and anyone else who owns a Tamiya here...if Siro or RC Paradise doesn't have the parts you need, you can get them directly from RC Champ in Osaka. They are one of Tamiya's biggest distributors in Japan, if not THE biggest. They ALWAYS have Tamiya stuff in stock. You can mail order to your Japan address and it'll get here in 3 days MAX. They even do COD. Thier prices are so low that the shipping cost and COD fee cancel each other out almost all of the time, so there's really no excuse if you like Tamiya's products.

A while back I made a statement about Caster products not being available at the big mail order houses (there are like 2 places besides Caster USA that have a good selection of mail order stuff), and was told it was no big deal to just get the stuff from the 3 places that cary their parts in stock. If you are going to use that mentality, than why is such a big deal to get Tamiya parts from RC Champ in Osaka and have them arrive in 3 days MAX?

As far as Hobby King mail order in bulk and delivering to a Japan address, yes, you will get them faster, figure 1 week, give or take a few days due to customs. I had 1 order arrive in 4 days, and the other took 10, due to Japanese customs. Either way, make sure you do the EMS shipping option or else those fast timelines will not apply.

On a different note, are we ever going to see the Sun again?

- Paulie