R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XXX-S Tips and Talk for Stock Classes
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM
C&B RC
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Hey Erik....frustrating ..isn't it !! Bottom line is...remember that just because there are guidelines or generally accepted rules of thumb does not mean that your car has to be conventional. Tires, wheel offsets, stiffness of chassis etc,etc are ALL important but so are YOU ! You have to drive it and like it.. so what may be right for me can be totally wrong for you.
Use the existing info as a baseline...then adapt it to your needs. And you can't be afraid to try things that don't seem to make sense. I did and my car handled better than I've ever seen and totally contradicted 99% of the setups I've seen for this car.
I wish i had John Stranahan's know how...at least then some of these changes would make some kind of sense.
+1

My springs maybe too soft. Dianosing the problem while driving is not my strong suite, but I'm getting better. My setup works for me but I still looking for ways to make it better, that's why I'm here I've seen guys at our track have the same chassis and electronics try each other's setup and say it's completely undrivable. My setup oversteers a little but I like it better than understeering. The shock thing bothered me at first too. Also the long camberlinks with low roll blocks seems counterdicting each other. I just want to get it so I'm not fighting the car and can focus on the driving.