R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi micro t problem
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 09:24 PM
Heavy-D
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper
A lot of people break the diff in by holding one wheel while holding the throttle for something like 20 seconds. Then hold the other wheel and repeat the process.

I'm not sure what you mean by a "kink" in the diff. Have you taken it apart to inspect the gears? I'd do this only after taking it to the LHS to get them to solve it first. If they don't help, call Losi/Horizon Hobby. They have the absolute best customer service and they might send you out a replacement differential.

Cool. Let me know how you like the Atomic BBII. Make sure that's not installed when you take it back to the LHS.

Currently, there are no metal gears for the Micro-T so the only aluminum piece you can get is the transmission case. And you have to buy shims to use with the aluminum transmission or else your diff will strip. Whoever designed it didn't spec it out right and there's too much play in the transmission. Shoddy Chinese "engineer" at it's best. Chinese engineering...now there's an oxymoron!

So this is what i have decided to do because I emailed Losi and their customer service is going to send me a new motor because im pretty sure i blew the motor, it only works sometimes, makes funny noises, and works better in reverse then forward lol. Im not sure about the diff cause I have not opened it up to check the diff yet but i will and im going to replace the gears inside the diff. Then im gonna use the new motor that Losi is sending me to make sure everythings okay and once it is ill put the Atomic BBII in. Thats what i have figured out so far.

and the best way to explain the kink is if i grab both the tires and turn them forward there is a spot that i get to that is almost like a snag. One spot thats harder to turn the tires and then it gets past it and goes back to normal. So its almost like one tooth on the gears inside the diff is messed up and everytime it gets to that tooth its causing stress on the motor.