R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Wratchet's Project "Head Honcho"
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 08:29 PM
WratchetHead
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Well onto the next pages of the build job. So I ordered up a Tekin FXR with a 35t motor. I installed Deans plugs on everything and since I plan on getting a 3 Cell LiPo for it I went up one guage size in wire diameter on the Battery side of the ESC. Kit supplies 14G I bumper to 12G Wet Noodle Deans Wire.Left the 12G wire going to the motor leads. I also decided to use the Axial recv. box for my ESC and BEC storage. I sealed the top and wire outlet hole with some more RTV Silcone to waterproof things a bit. Since I will be running a Losi Comp Crawler 3 cell battery I will have room on the battery tray for a Traxxas Waterproof Recv. box.It has been mounted as well and ready for a recv. Scored a set of Rock Sliders from GateKeeper designs. Got the wheels weighted and the tires mounted up and on the chassis. I didn't like the grey rock rings and had a set of green ones I stripped to silver but didn't use for the Blazer build and found them in the spares box and they look better. I detailed the wheel nut caps and added a dab of glue to hold them in place.One more thing I got done was to paint the front bumper metal inserts black with some appliance epoxy paint. Waiting on a fairlead and a 3Racing winch to complete the front bumper.So here are some pics to go with. l8r,w.

Time to bust out the goodied. Here is the heart and the brains of the operation. Hmmm 3 cell and 35 turn motor. Should do pretty good on wheel speed.I like opening NIB electronics.

Solder station is up and running with help from my buddy Deans. Upped the battery wires and soldered in the CC BEC.

Decided later to just solder the motor leads direct to the ESC and remove those 2 deans plugs. Live and learn. Was going to make it moveable from rig to rig. But If I waterproof it I don't wanna break the seal.lol

Added the second recv. box from a slash.

Gatekeeper Rock sliders all mounted up.

Went all black on the front bumper. Hope this new epoxy paint holds up. If not I'll strip it off.

Went and stripped my green rings from my leftovers build. The grey ones are harder to strip. And I like the silver look.

Stripped em in under 30 mins. Love greased lightning.

Finished up and mounted up. Man that is alot of screws.

Went and detailed the center caps a bit.