R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI's new F1
Thread: HPI's new F1
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 05:36 AM
rcracer1958
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Glad you understand lotus. I actually still own my HPI super F1. As far as racing on carpet goes...my 3 racing F109 is the ticket for me...cheaper than the HPI...more adjustable than the F104 and it rips on any type of carpet( we race on low pile indoor/outdoor carpet). I've felt since I assembled my car that it was meant for asphalt and am still hopeful it'll perform once our outdoor season starts.
I just wish HPI was supporting their products better, there's a reason Associated stays on top year after year, well designed cars and terrific parts support. I've let my opinion be known to HPI before, concerning bringing back the electric "super" touring car, as well as, in my opinion, mistake in producing the F10 with "specific" wheel hexes and the silly traxxas style fornt spindles. I always get a cordial response, but have never seen it make a difference. Hopefully this time I'm wrong. They used to support their products better, the pro3 & pro 4 touring cars originally came with some problems, but all it took was a phone call and updated replacement parts were in the mail immediately. My cup racer kit came missing a few pieces, and it took about a month to get the needed parts from them, and I had to pay shipping to get them.
that said, if they rereleased the electric super tomorrow, I'd have to order one.