R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what short course truck should i go with?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
SaladFork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Not sure about rules. Each track has their own set and if you don't like them go elsewhere. Its just that simple. We have more open classes at every track so one simple spec class won't hurt.

As for the 56k you act like brushless is needed for reliability but truth is that is just not the truth. I work at a shop daily and we rent out Slash trucks and to say you need to spend more is just totally false statement!!!!!! I'm glad are shop don't give are customers totally false info like that because its not long til your out of business if you use the theory of spend more and it will be cheaper later!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what shops tells you bs like that so I never buy from them.
My point was you will spend less over the long run on a brushless setup and while they might be more expensive they will cost you less over time. The logic that it's to expensive is a thing of the past with cheaper brushless set-ups coming out monthly driving the price down. But it's cool if you want to keep running brushed motors got for it. While you are at it, ditch your lipos and go back to NIMH batteries.

And I have been using brushed motors for 20 years, they are NOT more reliable than brushless. I don't need a shop to tell me, I have seen first hand. And how would not pushing brushed motors on customers cause a shop to go out of business? If anything the customers will be thankful for you introducing them to the better, more efficient, cooler running brushless setups that require no break-in procedure and little to no maintenance?