R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2004, 07:54 PM
InitialD
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Front tweak and droop

Originally posted by JustRace
Initial....after you use the cam to get both sides equal don't you find that you need to turn the cam to get the tweak correct? This in turn throws off the droop. I'm wondering if you just need to go back and forth until the droop and tweak all balances out.
On my setup, I actually do not use the front sway bar !

I did remember having your problem with the front sway bars. But I think I remember Julius mentioning that just set the droop equally on both sides (without shocks and sway bar), then put them on and just check equal droop. The droop may be more than what you intended but that should be OK. Just make sure left and right is the same.

Originally posted by Julius
If they are equal left and right but just lower (about a mm is normal) there is nothing wrong. The droop is measured without shocks. When you mount the shocks the springs will push on the arms making the downstop seem lower. As long as you always measure with the shocks off it's ok.

If they are uneven left and right it may be a tweak in the sway bar.
The reason why I'm not using the front sway bar at the moment is I'm just testing out some setups. Pretty good from what I am getting. To balance out oversteer in the middle / out of the corner, I loosen the rear diff a little.