R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Indy RC in Garland, Texas.
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 04:53 PM
SweetRacing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dunnyrc51
Sweetracing there are good tracks and bad tracks alike. For those of us whom have been itching to light the nitro and do some racing greatly appreciate places like IndyRC during the winter. Whether its a run down place or not Im getting to get away from my wife and go do what I love to do. Its not like the weather has been warm enough in my area to do any outdoor racing. Im truly excited as this will be my first race of the '10 season. I will be doing quite a bit of traveling to race R/C this year so im pretty stoked that my season is about to kick off. But thanks for your opinion i do plan on checking out mikes place while we are down there. Plus we get to demo our SC8's and show the DFW area racers what these things are capable of!!!!! 10th scale short course trucks are toys, 1/8th scale SCT's are where its at!!!! Besides the wind wont make the SC8 nose up while the lil plastic "swashes and others" blow away!!!!!! If you get bored come watch us cause im ready to get my race on.
Fair enough, but why race nitro when the brushless systems out there will run circles around the nitro tucks, be it 1/8 or 1/10? Also, the 1/8 scale trucks are wayyyy out of most folks price range. I know that we all have our hobbies that we put money into and trust me, I know that to have the best equipment, it is not cheap as I had about $700 just in my FT TC4 a few years back and that was without batteries, the radio system, transponder and tools..... But for me, there is no better racing today (or better value) than a box stock Slash class. I do like watching the big trucks run around the track, but I also love watching new and old racers alike enjoy beating and banging for around $200..... Those high dollar rides are some of the reasons that many folks eventually get out of racing as either they buy a truck like that to start off racing and get frustrated from the cost and maintenance issues, or they can't drive and then quit from that frustration. I also think that the hobby shops are also part of the problem that (and I know this is a business) but they will sell anything to anyone and then we wonder why a guy sells his stuff after not being able to afford to race it or maintain it. I have seen way to many people (and I was guilty of this as well) who can afford anything on the shelf, to only realize it is not as easy as it looks. Again, just my two cents, but it would be nice to have so called "sponsered drivers" maybe come and demo the lower priced models which would get more and more people excited about rc racing. I say that becuase even if a guy thinks the SC8's are the collest thing since sliced bread, what good is that if they can't afford to buy one? Now a couple really good drivers racing the slash, blitz, strike or sc10, now that would get people excited to buy an rc and race as they could actually afford it!!!!!