R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho GX15 engine problems
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 12:14 PM
**petrolhead**
Tech Rookie

Right, I've sorted the exhaust leak, and its much quieter now. I've fitted a new glowplug, and fully charged my glowplug starter. Engine fired on the 1st pull, started on the second, and ran at a fast, even tickover for about 30secs. It then stopped. It seems to be not drawing fuel from the tank properly. I took the fuel tank off and checked it, seems ok, but fuel lines seemed a little loose, so I replaced them. Started up ok, but stopped again quickly, then wouldn't start again, no matter what I did. I did manage to flood it, string got hard to pull, but took the glowplug out, and turned the car upside down & pulled the string, to force the fuel out. Tested & replaced glowplug again, but engine will not even fire, no matter what I do. Got fed up with it now, beginning to think its more bother than its worth.

What am I doing wrong? I've checked & rechecked glowplug & starter, all seems ok. I've purged the cylinder without the glowplug in to get rid of excess fuel, and there seems to be plenty of compression. The fuel lines aren't loose any more, and the tank is sealed. When I blow through the pipe than runs rom the exhaust to the tank, fuel flows through to the carb. But for the life of me can't get the engine running. What's wrong??