View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 07:13 AM   #14
Heavy B
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure I recognize the Roja from my days in a print shop. We used something suspiciously similar to condition the belts so they didn't leave marks on the paper. Back then, I used it on cap tires on a concrete oval track. It was the bomb-diggity and definitely an advantage. Also, on my son's Tamaya Mini and TC rubber tires for much better results and wear then say "P!#%^&n" wintergreen stuff. But back to Sticky Kicks, I used Roja last summer outdoors at "the Plex" and did notice some tire wear. The traction was much better on the dry, slick track especially in the groove.....could pull wheelies if not careful. But, then moved to the Verde and got much better tire wear with basically the same results. I use the Blanco to condition new tires prior to mounting. It removes all the oxidation and refreshes the rubber after sitting in a warehouse and on a shelf for a while. Definitely helps with seating/gluing the bead. After dremeling your bead, wipe thoroughly with Blanco to clean and condition the bead for a perfect bond. My buddy uses the crap out my Roja on his SCT tires and LOVES IT! Around here SCT is primarily box-stock, so he feels it's the only way to go. On those SCT tires we have not noticed really any wear, even on the dry, 100+ degree clay in Nebraska racing outdoors.
2010 & 2007 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Buggy Champion
2009 Summer Series at the Plex Modified 2wd Stadium Truck Champion
Heavy B is offline   Reply With Quote