R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed controls for Spec Classes.
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 01:13 AM
jaycbr
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RaZz0R
totally agree with this!

I always was told & thought MOD class was where - he with the most money wins - hellz no!!! Its the stock class. These ESC's that move the timing around has killed the "stock" class I think as well. But what to do about it?
I guess you now go from 540 to Mod then drop back to "stock", witch will kill the Mod class Mod is meant to be for advanced drivers who have gained the experience over running in (what is meant to be) the slower classes and learning the craft of set up and driving. Now the dude with the lap top can win even if the dude cant drive around corners or pick a line and stay there! Stock is an expensive step from 540, seems Mod may be easier to do I am a stock runner with a nice set up and on a good day my car can (over a lap) keep with and challenge the tekin boys that's with a lot of set up and ratio calculations. Basically I use speed passion 2 motor and a Venom Esk. Tekin gets a jump of around 2 to 3 car lengths out of a corner but peak early witch means for the Knox track with the right ratio's you will be on them mid or late main straight. The rest is corner speed oh and I race off road