R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - LRP SXX StockSpec ESC
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Stein Tumert
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Burney
ok so i have this cogging effect when revved on the bench is this ok or do i send it back. Not got a chance to put it down on a track untill the weekend to check it. let me know guys cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggers View Post
Hi,
I need advice before I return my SXX StockSpec back to LRP for repair
Just purchased and installed my StockSpec with a X12 13.5. When bench testing with no pinion connected, seems like the motor has interference and 'splutters' through the rev range to full power. Tried a SP 13.5 V3 motor and the same happened. Sorry to say, but reconnected by existing ESC and the motor ripped !

I've heard of the issues with the 1st batch (which seems I may have ) but I've also heard that this may be the normal charactoristics of the StockSpec when running the motor with no load.

If anyone has had the same experience or can shine any light on what the exact production issue is on the first batch released, then it will help me understand if my ESC is faulty or just how it is ?

Cheers,
Jason

Mine did same thing - returned it to shop after 2 qualifiers. I was later told that there was issue with installing firmware (can't say it's right reason or not).
Schumacher Cat SX | Schumacher MI4 and Mi4LP || XFactory X6^2
on shelf Losi XX4 | Losi XXX-CR | Anderson MB4