R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TIRED Of My RTR
Thread: TIRED Of My RTR
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2010, 09:33 PM
macrous99
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Kyo83
You are confused...if your RS4 has belts..its not a RS4 3 but and RS4 2 and that car is much older than 5 years old!?! If that is the case, then it is definitely time for you to upgrade.

Since bashing is going to be your main thing, I'd recommend the Kyosho FW06 if you can get one. they are are out of productions but Kyosho still supports them in terms of parts. The cars shares some parts found on their belt driven V-one-RRR series. Its also has more adjustability than the RTR Fazor. And the best thing about it is its Shaft-driven.

Many like the NTC3 becasue of its ability to seat a big block nitro engine (with a liitle modification) The RTR version does not give you that many settign adjustments but you can upgrade parts for more adjustments. If you get the Team Kit you get many more adjustments than the RTR, but I think its kind of pricey just for bashing in the parking lots.

As far as belt drive vs shaft drive, the belt driven cars tend to have a free-er transmission that utilies more of the motors horsepower. the downside is, it requires more regular maintanence and a more cleaner track/surface to run on, so as not tget pebbles in the drive-train. I've had the fortune of having a belt-driven car that I raced in the parking lots course without ever stripping gears due to rocks. Most of the lots had freshly laid pavement or were cleaned before setting up the track.

So in closing I'l just say get get a shaft driven car...it seems like that will suit your needs better that a kit and save you money too.
No i actually have the nitro RS4 3.

What I dont get is how come RTRs like the Traxxas 4TEC, CEN CT5, G4 JR, Hyper GPX4,etc etc can be considered parking lot bashers, wouldnt they be horrible for parking lots??