R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - what short course truck should i go with?
Old 02-10-2010, 08:52 AM
RcRacing4Ever
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I got my SC10 back in May as a kit. I had to do a few mods to it just to make it race worthy in my eyes. Rpm front arms,chassis brace,rear toe conversion.
Since I bought it as a kit I had to buy the Slash's electronics to stay in the stock class.
With that said... almost an extra 200 bucks to do so with the mods.

The Slash is a top notch truck for 200 buck. Now they have the Proline Suspension kit that really helps the truck out on the track,being more stable from what I could see.

The Blitz really pushed the stock limits with its CVD's,threaded shocks & full metal geared tranny...just to mention a few of its stock equipment. Good truck & tunable.

The Strike didnt have a good rep from where Im at. Everybody that had gotten one has gotten rid of it & went Blitz or SC10. The Strike Struckout

As far as the other trucks coming out I have yet to see any to give you any input on them.

I race two classes Stock & Mod
Stock is with the Traxxas servo & Speedo with the Hpi(Blitz) motor....far the fastest of the 3. Break in the motor in a cup of water(3mins) & you gain an extra 3 to 4 grand in rpm,remember to clean it out with motor spray & lube the bushing when done.

Mod I use a Tekin Rs with a ballistis 10.5.. Im happy with this speedo...had a GTB & the difference is nite and day.

I hope this helps ya out...Race on & have fun