R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Trasmitter Set up for new Driver
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 02:43 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Re: Trasmitter Set up for new Driver

Originally posted by imjonah
I have run my Losi XXX-S Electric touring car on a tight carpet track about 5 times now. (stockmotor, foam tires)

I have improved a bit each time, but my big difficulty remains adjusting the speed down while cornering.

I have an older Futaba controller with a lot of trim adjustments and I am willing to spend $100 dollars on a new controller if it wouold help.

My question is what kind of adjustments or settings can be made to a transmitter which will make it easier for a new driver to learn to control car.
First off, I agree with the other's viewpoint; but we are kind of looking at your situation with a "shotgun approach". In other words, we are trying to cover all the bases.

You indicate that your current controller has "a lot of trim adjustments"; so, I wonder why you are looking at that as being your control issue?

I often run a XXX-S with rubber tires on tight carpet tracks and want to "carry speed" while cornering. Otherwise, I am not sure why you are using foams for a stocker motor setup.

Can you further describe what you are experiencing? Do you feel the power progressively grow as you pull the trigger? Or, does it just feel like...on/off (with no inbetween)?