R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Solution for the stock class problems
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 06:52 PM
Sam-E
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PitNamedGordie
Francis I know you are for restricting speed control software. And to be honest, if things went that way I'd wouldn't fuss too much. But I'd personally would much rather run 21.5 with timing advance than 17.5 w/no timing. Reason: Mainly I like to tune my motors/ESC. I did in the brushed days and I do now. Advances in technology will happen with motors too. Trinity CO27's were faster or better than P2K's...right? Also look at brushed motor can/end bell and brush design...Team Checkpoint and Orion's cans and brushes were definitely advances in technology. So if we limit ESC advances you will see more advances in motors. We probably will anyway (See Speed Passion Citrix motors). I see adjusting to technology being easier than trying to limit or stop it.
Play with software all you like but lock the timing, technology has never advanced as fast as the current software updates due to timing and this is the problem. ROAR should have enforced this rule from the start, timing locked motors and esc.