R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Verse Electric are we losing the battle
Old 02-09-2010, 05:23 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by merdith6
for 1/10 scale buggies and slash, but the lipo batteries in 1/8th scale seem to be unstable. the speed controls are expensive and go pooofff. to easily, even in the early days of 1/10 scale they could last for a long time. I'm sure they will improve over time, but it seems to be too much power to be stable and consistent over a season....I used to race electric 2wd and 4wd buggies and they were great, still are. I would not mind getting a b4 or something to bring to the track to play with, but the new electric cars seem to be kinda bad. The slash make grinding noises going around the track, and the shocks seem underdampened, and the 1/8th scale electric are too complicated, and so on...I might have to drive one first though, but based on seeing others with them, woah sending in speed controls and batteries left and right. I like my reliable p5.

thats why i race a slash in electric its ,,way more simple.. i run a 7 cell vetom battery pack and still can run righ,t ,,,with guys with lipos in there slashs..

and also i have a racing bud that had his tekin go bad on him 4 times while racing sorry but il stick with a nitro engine... and his battery puffed even with a normal charge..

there was a out of tower racer that came,,, to my track and while i was racing with him it caught, on fire at nightime too... i really thought ,,my nitro buggy was gone to go poof bad man...