R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro Verse Electric are we losing the battle
Old 02-09-2010, 04:29 PM
smokinu
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 82 (99%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
the performance doesnt matter ,,its the driver that matters,, the guys i seen racing a 1/8 electric where ,,all over the place.. usally you dont go 45 mph on the straights when,,, racing inless its a hugh track.. i just run a slash for electric it relexs me .. me personlly i dont care for the brushless power much at all.. its to snappy ,,reguardless what you do..
wait what?

brushless power "snappy" you have never drivin a Mamba Max Pro with a novak balistic motor have you.

tunable sensors, smoothest system available. not "snappy" at all unless you want it to be.

you need to be smooth on the trigger with electrics you cant be "blip" happy it takes a toll on fets and batteries, thats where all the problem arises from electric

you cant just plug and play an 1/8th system, it takes some tuning just like a nitro. not only set up..
but you have to keep the gearing in range as to not over heat the motor (just like keeping your motor in that "sweet" spot on the tune not to hot not to cold)

you have to choose the right motor for your application as well.
(nothing to big or small. (just like any nitro engine)

picking batteries is just like picking a pipe.

you need get the ones that will exceed your needs that way you have head room for problems that arise.