R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Solution for the stock class problems
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy63
I and probably not many other cares about the cost. Baically everything in electric onroad cost the same money anyway. But the problem i see it that we are using 13,5 and 10,5 motors when they are as fast these days like a modified when comparing laptimes. And thats to fast.

We have to many classes, what is the point to drive 10,5? I cant find any!
in europe we use 13,5, 17,5 and maybe sometimes 21,5.
But in internationall races like DHI CUP i cant find any meening in driving one 13,5 class and a Modified? The 13,5 is almost as fast anyway!

Now, i dont say anything about the speedos becuse thats just fair for the companies to develop and sell stuff, or we wouldnt have this industry at all!

And electric touring wont be cheaper then it is now, brushless and LiPo, it is the best thing i have done this far, pretty much drive time and faster charging time. LOVE IT

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com
Did you just answered your own question 3 times...?

Yes...13.5 is TOO FAST with the software, and thats why, 13.5 is now part of the MOD motor family..what is wrong with that? Are we still stuck with the Novak GTB speedo with Novak SS 13.5 period and think that is the STOCK class..? Really..?

If you own a 13.5 motor....congratulation, you are qualified to race MOD class now, along with the WORLD CHAMPION drivers. Snowbirds 2 weeks ago...Professional Mod class, 26 laps 5.06 and 13.5 class, 26 laps, 5.08....if you are racing 13.5 with the fastest software, you are only 2 second slower then these WC driver using 6.5T motor...now, can 13.5 still call SUPER STOCK...? Not since this year if you ask me....