R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Solution for the stock class problems
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Andy63
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Solara
Please....ARGUE me about what can go wrong about the following system?

What I don't understand is....why there is a LIMIT? Ban? or tell ppl you cannot do this and cannot do that..? Why wasting all these time and effort?

Why there is a CAP? Why telling TEKIN you cannot develope the V206 software or tell LRP you cannot do the SXX Stock Spec II? Why ppl has V203 cannot use that simply because it is TOO FAST compare to the other brand that is not as fast as V203?

There should be only 3 classes....MOD (13.5 and faster) Stock (17.5 motors only) and NOVICE (21.5 motor only). SPEC class (spec speedo and spec motor like 25.5 or 21.5...varies by series and organization and clubs).

What is wrong with buying the $179.99 speedo with free software upgrade? Please don't tell me we need to keep the cost LOW so more ppl can race. This is NOTa cheap hobby....everyone know upfront and they spend what they can afford. If they do realized that they cannot compete and no longer be able to spend, they should quit. Yes, it is racing, any kind of racing in this world involve spending money, alots of money....

I really don't like the term "CHEATER" here because someone is using the latest the greatest software that as long as you have money, you can get it "technology". This is year 2010...we do NOT want to go back to year 2000 when ppl can do the "SPECIAL MAGIC TOUCH" on the brushed motor that can boost the extra 10,000 rpm or extra VOLTAGE...there are NO CHEATER involve with the speedo mfr. They are only there to make their products better. If that is the SPEEDO that get the winning ticket, we MUST buy that...or be the 2nd, or 3rd. That is Racing....is always like that.

About the "COST" adjustment...you are wasting your time, 1st you have to convince ROAR, then you have to tell each MFR to lower their cost, then you have to enforce each TRACK to TECH these speedo.....when it is said and done, electric RC car should not required any batteries to power...I think.

I know some parent will spend $50 to buy the "BIBLE" of the Pinewood Racing Derby just so their kids can have the advantage over the others that cannot afford $50....isn't that FAIR? Absolutely...free country.
I and probably not many other cares about the cost. Baically everything in electric onroad cost the same money anyway. But the problem i see it that we are using 13,5 and 10,5 motors when they are as fast these days like a modified when comparing laptimes. And thats to fast.

We have to many classes, what is the point to drive 10,5? I cant find any!
in europe we use 13,5, 17,5 and maybe sometimes 21,5.
But in internationall races like DHI CUP i cant find any meening in driving one 13,5 class and a Modified? The 13,5 is almost as fast anyway!

Now, i dont say anything about the speedos becuse thats just fair for the companies to develop and sell stuff, or we wouldnt have this industry at all!

And electric touring wont be cheaper then it is now, brushless and LiPo, it is the best thing i have done this far, pretty much drive time and faster charging time. LOVE IT

www.andrefossto.wordpress.com