R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin JPX 21 Plus ( new)
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by windellmc
For some reason the two Picco plugs that came with my engines never made it out of break in while I am not sure I have ever killed an OD plug in the engine to the point that it would not run.

Did you try all of the OD plugs or just the 97t?
You killed 2 Picco plugs and had detonation on stock shimming....I hate to say this, but honestly you must have had the engine too lean for it to do that...Not intending to pick at you or anything like that........Back when i got my first EVO 2 I did something similar as well.......... With stock shimming the compression is nowhere near high enough to cause detonation on 30% unless the mixture is too lean, killing plugs is also from being too lean as well....... With a proper tune nothing runs as nice in these engines as a genuine Picco plug, I kid you not either...I wish it wasn't true as OD plugs are cheaper and easier to find...but unfortunately they are nowhere near as good as the Picco's.... And yes I have run more then the OD 97 in them, I have modded and run many dozens of these engines over the years...