R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Asean Championship / Asia Cup?
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2004, 12:27 AM
jfc_tech
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by x_man
JFC...... Now i am really confused

From what I am aware,

Even when you have a PCM or a Failsafe unit install, A failure on the RX battery will render them unoperational, so the throttle or steering servo will be at the same position before the RX battery failure, meaning, when you pull WOT before the battery failure, your throttle servo will remain WOT and not return to its neutral position or Brake.

Yes you are correct, Failure on the TX battery will make the failsafe kick in.

BTW, the position on the throttle can be adjusted on either the PCM or external Failsafe unit, not neccesary to be in braking position, can be adjusted to neutral.
Interesting thing. It does not happen like that to my Ofna Micro fail safe. Whenever the RX batt dies out, the brake will be engaged, as i want it to be. Yes, i tried when i purposely disconnected the plugs.The fail safe has a sensor that detect the RX batt up to certain level of Volt then activated. Moreover on the TX batt, whevener it looses the transmission.

Yep, i agree on the position on the throttle can be adjusted to neutral....BUT most of people will set the brake to engaged whenever there's a problem. neutral, meaning still running, eventhough slowing down... then...if like this...why wanna use the fail safe in the first place, right?

Anyway...so far, PCM is not allowed. I hope this will change in this Kuching race.