R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F103 Forum
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 06:58 PM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Yeah you can have them. If you pay shipping

Seriously, I check them when I take them off of the car and they usually will have 2 corners you can tap on that will make the t bar raise up slightly. I use a setup board or other flat surface to check them.

Do you run asphalt or carpet? And do you use 2 o rings or washers? I'm just asking, as I seriously believe this makes a difference.
Hey Rob.
Well to be honest I was having a bit of a laugh as one of my F-103's has been sitting on the shelf for a very long time

However, I don't really go thru T-bars that often, a little c.a on the countersink of the screw hole helps with durability, and I just use the std t-bar, not the soft.
I mount them up in the std format, 1 o-ring only, or occasionally with the pivot ball system.

The old 12L t-bars were very sensitive, and I did replace those monthly.
I think that is due to the more solid mounting system and tweak screws used in that application.

Carpet, asphalt, sticky, loose. I've run that car everywhere and generally tune with tires more than chassis.

My favorite setup on carpet was with the pivot ball bar, std front end, and Pre-mounts, tons of controllable steering, great roll thru the corners.

My t-bars may have somewhat less abuse than others, your mileage may vary