R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin JPX 21 Plus ( new)
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Maximo
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Hey Maximo, Question for ya. I have the old version JPX .21 , mine has 3 shims in it from stock and 1 extra in the box. Is it correct to have 4 shims in it to run 30%?

no, i run these engines on 30% with only 2 shims ( 0.4mm of shims total) ...the key is when you remove the shim to make sure you richen the needles and then retune once warmed up.....As a rule removing shims will cause the tune to go slightly leaner......

However unless your running Picco plugs do not remove the thrid shim...OD and OS plugs wont like the higher compression and will not give you the same performance as the Picco plugs.....To really see what these engines can do you really need to be running genuine Picco turbo plugs...the Picco plugs are very robust and durable and will operate perfectly with the higher compression, OS and OD plugs will just cause you issues.......From my own testing OS plugs are the worst and will fail the quickest, OD are a little better but still not as good as the Picco's..... FYI I run OS and OD in many other engines with great results, however the Picco engines are unique and truly run best with Picco plugs...