R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - EAMotorsports discussion thread
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2010, 04:55 PM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Benzaah
Can anyone help with this request? I got slaughtered on the weekend with my Duo 2 Spx by tekins. I was still a good 0.5 off my best pace with SPX duo 1 middle hole timing. I tried a heap of timing changes with the same gearing i was using with the Duo 1 but could not get the same rip and top speed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have the Duo 2 sitting just past the 2nd timing mark which i assumed would be around the 10 degree mark. Cheers Benzaah
Originally Posted by RKeasler
Not likely to keep up with the Tekins with the SPX, just got rid of mine, Duo1 is said to be faster by some over the Duo2. For me the same Duo2 with the Tekin basically no timing is like a whole other motor.

Rod
Yep what Rod posted is correct Benzaah. As bad as it sounds the SPX is outdated and will not keep up with the new crop of speed controls. The tekin can be setup to have more straight away speed and keep great rip out of the corner than any speedo out there. Its simply fast and they are constantly working on new programming (free btw) to make it even faster.

Each timing mark on the duo 2 is 8 degrees and it has roughly 8 degrees when its at zero (center mark).

EA