R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Real Race Simulator
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2002, 05:32 PM
Ron
Tech Adept

Set your steering to 100% see if that takes out some of the twitch. Ive been looking for a software program that you could possibly run in the startup and rename the controler to run threw this program first but i cant seem to find anyting. Its a combonation of manything.

1. the analog control ports and get "gritty" with use. The more use the more grit can get in and loose some of its reliability.

2. poor quality game ports, even though i have a $200. sound card the game port isnt a big focus on the support of the card. so they dont put much focus or driver support into the driver on the game ports.

I wonder if there is any INI file in the simm or in windows or even in directX that we can tweak to crank down some of the sensativity of the game port.

one thing i do know is this, the realrace controler uses 500K pots, i tried to build my own controler using a futaba controler and the pots were 5K and it was so sensative that it wasnt usable. if we could find a 800K or even a 1000K pot it might make the controler alot better. Or even a program to apply a "deadband" section to the center spot on the controler.