R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - COME ON TRAXXAS WAVE THAT MAGIC WAND AT ON ROAD!!!
Old 02-05-2010, 09:34 AM
inpuressa
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkseid
Maybe Traxxas could do magic for on road, one question though........

Why would they want to???

Lets face it, the on-road crowd for the most part are self destructive. By that I mean that no matter how cool something is, how convienent it is, how realistic it is, or most of all, how balanced something is, the on-road crowd will ALWAYS destroy it with over competitivness.

Think of:
-All the class that have come and gone to "save" on-road or on-road tracks. Corrupted...all of them.
-All the technology that has come along that could have made for stable competitive racing. Corrupted...all of it.

Fact is, no matter how many good ideas you throw at on-road, the 'I have no life outside of my next R/C car victory' crowd will always ruin it with the next timing advance, the next motor crank, the next $500+ TC, the next C rating that don't mean crap, the next RIDICULOUS TC BODY THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE A CAR, the list goes on...

SO...the question remains, why would Traxxas waste their time investing in something that we all know is a losing bet.

No matter what magic Traxxas would/could bring to on-road, it would be corrupted and forgotten by the over competetive scene in on-road within 6 months...guaranteed!

Traxxas, save your money and 'magic' for the people in R/C who actually still care about having fun in this "hobby". Don't waste it on the on-road scene, we don't deserve it....and this is coming from an on-road racer...
I'm afraid this is the underlying problem we face with on-road. Traxxas should concentrate on what they are successful in.

Originally Posted by RCHR
Tamiya started the touring car craze with cheap, reliable spec cars that looked real and ran on any parking lot and made the class really popular....

Racers pretty much paid for that type of racing to go away.

Tamiya is already willing to go there for the hobby (So was Trinity), but not enough of the racers are buying.

Where can Traxxas improve on Tamiya's example?
Tamiya's emphasis was "fun to build and fun to drive". I remember the days when I got a brand new kit and experienced each step of its inception. When it was finally completed, you can't help but to stare at it. When I was building the reissued Hotshot, that feeling came back which was a good fresh air to breathe in the mayhem these days. Too many people forgot that appreciation these days.

Last edited by inpuressa; 02-05-2010 at 05:27 PM.