R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 03:53 AM
decibels
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cvt01
Wouldn't motor timing put down to the lowest would give you the biggest torque (acceleration) out of a corner? Then timing kicks in as your motor revs up then turbo would give you the extra kick in the straight? This is my theory at least... maybe all wrong unlike you I did not get to test it yet on a track
The theory is correct but with turbo on the bottom end is a bit slow and does not have much before turbo cuts in then there is a big jump! Now if you crank the time shift then it seems softer before turbo! But if you add some timing you get more rpm before turbo kicks in because at same throttle input it has more speed and when you back the time shift down you get more punch. And with the extra timing you also get more top end when you hit turbo. but if you go to far you actually confuse the speed control as i have found out on a motor dyno! but that was with older software. And i've been to busy to check with the newer software. hopefully i can do some testing and get back to all of you on some better up to date info but this has been my fastest setup to date. By the way brushless generates torque straight away so it is more a case of where the main surge of power is and the more timing the more power at a particular point.