Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 06:22 PM
acyrier
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default BMI Chassis

Originally posted by Rory
i know the warpspeed changes the layout, but i think the BMI and IRS chassis' are the same
The IRS chassis is the same. Although the BMI doesn't switch sides w/battery placement, the slots are made to be as close to the center as possible with-out making the batteries rub on the shaft. As far as stiffness, the BMI has a 3mm bottom plate and a 2mm OR 3mm top plate. (most running carpet are getting the car w/3mm plate. I purchased a BMI chassis last last year (december) and have enjoyed it. Allso, Jason (owner BMI) has given me TOP NOTCH support with my questions. Another option with the bmi, is it comes drilled for either the std tc3 steering rack, and holes for the NTC3 steering rack giving it more tuning options. Another thing about the batter slots is they come pre chamferred so the battery lays flush with the bottom of the chassis. Makes for less work when assembling the car.

Before I purchased the BMI, I looked at the demon 1 and 2. I'm not really sure what made me by the BMI. I just happend I guess.