R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 05:35 PM
Brian McGreevy
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yes Randman,

The Warpspeed Demon TC3 chassis kit does change the battery position. It flips the location of the electronics/batteries. What this has done is completely get rid of the effect of torque steer (trust me, I've ran very fast 9 and 10 turns in my car and it tracks straight when hard on the gas). Warpspeed also does not have 7 slots for moving the battery to the front or back, but rather has put them in the center for better balance. They have also moved the battery closer to the centerline like all the guys with tubs have been doing.

Initially when I was looking at the Demon kit, I wanted it because it was different than what other people had and had shown the performance to back it up. Now, I'm a Warpspeed team driver, and I CAN say that the Demon kit definitely performs. It is by far the stiffest double deck conversion for the TC3 (even the 2.5 mm car is extremely stiff, and the 3 mm car is very, very hard to get any torsional flex out of by hand). I'm very happy with the way the car performs .

BTW, Randman, Warpspeed does have a Yokomo SD chassis/top deck kit out that I hear follows the same pattern and is extremely stiff as well (if you intend to do some carpet racing). Look in the "Diamond Northern - Stiffer is better" thread in this forum to get info and see pics.