R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - To mod or not to mod
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 04:04 PM
22Racer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by token
Where did you hear this? Thats why companies promote limited qunaties of a certian engine after they win a big race. Currently the Ray(something) over in Euro just had RB release his liminted edition Shark 9, When Hara won it was the 08/09 OS world speed, Truhe Orion Edition, Nova TEAM Edition ect.... Dude they run modded engines.... Do you really think that a 250 AE engine really competes with a 500 nova, 500 OS, 500 RB ect..... No they modded. Me I run stock engines cause Im no good at tuning these darn thing.

They find a good mod, scale it back alittle so its not exactly what the pros run and release to the public for a higher prices so you can "think" your faster. When the bottom line is its all driving.... hell I can sway cars with drake and he can run my vspec and I run is very custome nova - and he will beat me by 6 or 7 laps in a 30 min race.....

Where did Pitpop hear this? He's at all the big races and went to Europe last year. I think he knows, look at the pic of the truggy in his avatar.

At a big race a local driver had one of the top 10 pro's help him tune his engine. They were both running the same engine and after a while the pro said the problem was he had the motor modded.

I think Maximo said it best!

Rex