R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - To mod or not to mod
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2010, 01:33 AM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Seriously Steve

Originally Posted by SteveP
Jay, I'm not in the habit of listing the people that I think are the best in the field for a couple reasons. Some of them don't even offer their services to the public, and for the rest that do, I don't want to insult anyone by whether or not I list them as being one of the few. They rarely, if ever, frequent any forums.

As for the engine, there are various models from different brands that have been standouts over the years, but the current crop of O.S. competition engines are the ones that impress me the most. I have a lot of respect for other brands as well - but O.S. have a slight edge at the moment IMO.
I agree with you on the few that can, and why you won't tell on anybody, so first grade, but OS engines have had more problems than any other top line engine on the market in the last 10 -15 years dude... You defend Futaba, and defend OS, hmmm. Sounds fishy to me. Everyone knows novarossi makes the best engines. I've always listened to you in the magazines, car action, I loved that article on the third needle and how to tune it. Made my p5 rip at the track, but OS engines have the worst luck, and yes they run great, but cases cracking, rods replacing, loosing compression, carbs falling in half, bearings going bad, crankpin wearing prematurely. Come on...For an engine maker as old as OS you would think they would last, but every new generation wears quickly, or something goes wrong...How long has the p5 been ripping? Changed much? Nope.....