R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2004, 02:03 AM
Lonestar
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Same here... all that hype about the CGM car, I don't get it. Unless most of us are car-setup wiz's, which I'm personnally not, a car with more flex makes the average driver's life easier on less than sticky tracks. Of course, for foams on carpet, which we don't run much here in europe, stiffer is the way to go.

However, the advantage I see with tub chassis are better accessibility, and (theoretically) lower tweak sensitivity (and still: see TC3)

Will personnally stick to the stock SSD for now.

Another Q: ballcups. Yokomo ballcups are crap, IMHO. On other drivers' advice, I switched to Tamiya's ballcups and aluminium balljoints... Quality is much better, obviously, plus the increase in diameter (4.8mm) helps reduce slop impact. The problem is, the way the cup is built, it's impossible to reach some lower-camber intake positions for the upper links, because the whole link is now too long. I can buy some shorter links, but Ti links are not that cheap, plus it PO'es me to dump more cash in this issue.

What brand of ball cups are you guys using? For those of You using RPM's, can you screw them in as far as the yokesm in order to still be able to use "short" links?

Thanks,
Later,
Paul