R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2010, 08:43 AM
oeoeo327
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by niznai
Those are exactly the kind of questions I have too. I tried to figure it out but we need more info from Tekin. It seems to me that right now you need a data logger if you don't want to try blindly setups and risk frying something.

In short, if the motor winds up to the max RPM it will just stay there (or continue accelerating without more timing being added until some limiting factor stops it - think brushed motors). Turbo can help here if set up properly it takes over and continues adding timing. How smooth the transition happens depends on how well you read what happens to your motor. This is where the data logger can help immensely.

If the motor can not spin up to the max RPM, it will not get all the timing boost. Perhaps this is the more undesirable situation of the two because if the motor can not spin up it means that you're geared too heavy.
Once you reach the end RPM value, the motor will continue to turn more RPM, but the timing boost function won't add more timing past the end RPM point. With too high of an end RPM value, you won't get all of the timing boost if you never reach the RPM figure specified.