R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Nitro set up help needed.
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Turbo9000
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peekarwe
I actually have played this before and raced before but it's been a while. Trying to get back into the hobby now. I got an on road 1/10 gp car and just set everything up and realized I forgot quite a bit. I'm sorta running it in now. But the chassis seems to be heating up quite a bit. I looked at it, and I tried to push the car forward. It's free wheeling. But when I pulled it back, it sorts of jam up and locks up completely. Did I fix something wrong? I'm running a front one way if that matters, with a two speed gear box.

Further to the above, I must add that I bought the engine used. I am not sure if the needle settings have changed from factory settings but it's not that easy to start. I am thinking I should revert to factory settings but have no idea what they are. A quick check on the internet and google didn't turn up factory results, just some recommended user settings. Any idea? It's an OS TZ-12 5 port turbo.
what kind of car is it? maybe you have a one way bearing in backwards in the 2-speed?