R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 08:09 PM
cannon
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jimmysquire007
Greg,

For a start, I am not affiliated with Team Wave or the distributors in any way. I'm sure those guys would be perfectly able to make posts under there own guise. I am a computer illiterate who is participates in the Australian RC scene and casually reads through these posts. My credibility is not in question anyway.

Your accusations are unfounded...you make alot of claims without any substantiation.

Re: warranty claims, with any manufacturer of electronics a reseller is almost always required to purchase stock through the local distributor for warranty reasons..not sure why but it's the way it's done. TW are within their rights to refuse warranty service on your stock. You admit to buying through another wholesaler...who was that by the way? Was it clearance stock of the first batch?

So answer the question...how many TW ESC's (the second time around) did you sell and how many were returned.

All your other claims of Max doing backflips etc is pure hot air.

The fact is that the update has been made availible for RB30s or RB50s. Don't you think the programmers would have been able to ensure the software didn't work if they wanted to superceed the other ESCs? Your evidence is circumstantial to say the least, and citing a private phone conversation is a very low act....if this is in fact what was said. You can say whatever you like about an OS based company who's products you cant sell.....it doesn't hurt your Tekin sales does it.

You'd better be carefull with all this muckraking...one day you may well be exposed for some of your dodgy dealings. Stop being bitter about not being entitled to sell what is clearly a good product (that has had some teething issues, much like other electrical products) It's all too easy to tarnish the reputation of a good company. And it's the nature of the technology being pushed beyond it's limits and user error as much as poor workmanship as far as ESC failures are concerned so let's be realistic about things.
If you had any credibility you would post under your name not hide under a new alias.

It is very easy for Wave to block the software from being used... simply dont issue it which has been the case in the past with Wave.(only one minor update which chamnged nothing) The RBS software was only quickly released because they had motors going in reverse and then racers were aware it was downloadable. Wave continually stated that the RB30 and RB50 hardware could not run the RBS software but suddenly it could. That was only stated AFTER people downloaded it

As for warranty of Team Wave, all warranty claims are handed back to Team Wave for assessment so there is no issue like in other electronics (unless of course the Australian agent has a repair centre here which is not the case)

The second batch of Wave ESC;s I bought was small (but you already knew that ) and again the failure rate was high. As I said 75%. These were bought from two wholeaslers. You saw some of the ESC's in the picture from the first batch.

As for muckraking your casual comment of "dodgy dealings" is an attempt to cast me as doing something wrong. Bad form

I simply let the racer know that the upgradability was available but was being portrayed otherwise. None of the "now upgradable" was mentioned until after the announcement. And Wave says it will void warranty on ESC's that you download the software !!!!!

As for selling the ESC's, there are plenty of legitimate wholesalers I could get them from. Unfortunately the reliability and the software issue is enough to ensure I will not sell anymore

Unfortunately there are more sidesteps here from Wave and the single poster than a football match