R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Solution for the stock class problems
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 10:30 AM
skypilot
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
My problem is it's not fair. It's STOCK, should all be the same! Until recently with timing advance coming along, you could run a Lrp Sphear TC and Novak motor and you would be fast. These are ment to be the basic beginner classes. Was it Lrps fault with bringing out the SPX? I don't know if it was. It's way to exspensive, to much sandbagging, and no new people getting a fair chance. 17.5 is a class for my Dad that has to learn left hand transmitter. Not pro "racing". Grow some kuhunas and make a fast class. I'll run 17.5 when I have to. But I don't think it's where I should be at. If your track is to small for mod, your wrong. The owners manual of every radio in exsistence (even the DX3R, for people that can stand those radios ) will state something about the fact that the trigger does not have to be pulled back all the way, which OMG OMG OMG means that you can choose how fast you want your car to go! That's just a crazy enough idea to work! Now tell me what takes more skills.. Driving a fast car on a small tight track with 9 other fast cars, or driving a slow car with 9 others? Then it's not the motor ESC package. It's how much driver and traction there is.

I don't race my TV. My dish network coverage is not slowing me down tenths. Now my ugly sLOwSI 17.5 motor from my crawler, tenths. I will still come race, since racing is just plain fun. But my car will be covered with a towel from how that ugly losi motor does not go with my anodized MI4!
lets review, "stock" midnight, midnight2, paradox, p2k p2k2, epic stock, etc, etc, thats from trintiy, from reedy,......... from yokomo...... not to mention the brushes, springs, novak cyclone, tekin G9, KO, LRP, question is when exactly was "stock" "the same". if new people want to "have a chance" then spend more time practicing, learning setup, learning lines, etc etc, this is RACING, just cause someone isn't that good at it doesn't mean everyone else needs to run a different class. This Ain't T-BALL and we do keep score. if don't have the time or money to improve or just plain have limited skills, then consider yourself a hobbist and just enjoy what doing playing with your toy car, oh thats right if you can't win then its no fun and your gonna quick "racing'.