R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 06:43 PM
jhberger
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

[QUOTE=trerc;6927238]Just to clear things up a bit.. the BRP stuff will not work on the TC4. The bumpers on the TC3 are much different, you can use the NTC3 front bumper if you choose but the Parma hard bumper is a much better option. In fact I will say buy it for the TC3, TC4, and TC5, on the 4 and 5 it will pay for itself in the first few races.

Regarding TC3 bumpers, the RPM bumpers seem to work well, except that they sag over time and after less than a season, you have a droopy nose.

Today I tried to un-droop a couple using a heat gun and the results were great. If you have a droopy RPM bumper, just heat it up real good and hold it in the shape you want until it cools. I put mine in a vise to keep the relationship between the chassis mounts and body posts and just worked the rest of the bumper. I thought I was going to have to buy new bumpers for my TC3s (and they're getting harder to find), but this fix works fine. I also cut extra pieces of foam to fit in the gaps of the RPM foam, making it more solid. A couple of small zip ties keeps the foam in place on the bumper as well.