R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 05:01 AM
CODMAN
Tech Regular

I really don't get this problematic shock question... Lots of people seem to have oil leakage problems/ blowout issues. I've ran a B44 and B4 for 2 seasons (OK, not as frequently as most, but still) without frequent rebuilds (maybe 2x a year) and have not had a single leak or blowout!!! Am I just lucky??? OK the lack of maintenance might not have gioven optimal performing shocks, but I had 0 failures... The only thing I did was upon assembly sanded the spacer lightly as described on an internet site (Elvo I believe). And used green slime.

I just don't get it... Is there a huge problem in quality control? I must be lucky!!!

Originally Posted by chedda bob
i don't have an issue with they way they work, just the fact they blow out randomly.

i just put a full rebuild kit in all 4 shocks, the next day in the 2nd qualifier one of the rears blew out. took the shock apart to find the cartridge in perfect order, the seal at the top was also new. so where did the oil come out?

i have been running ae cars since i started and def. have an idea of what i'm doing. simply just sick of it and will be using kyosho shocks from now on as nothing else in the 1/10 market is even close to quality and smoothness.

what did they actually change on the new bodies?