R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 01:28 PM
Cain
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I guess my suggestion would be that whoever decides to run an esc with the adjustable timing / boost feature needs to provide the means to be tech'd if its only a few people. For me, if I was still running my speed passion stuff, i would just plug in in the programmer card so you could see the setting. For Tekin guys and MMP guys, it would be a laptop or whatever computer is available to have the software installed on it to pull it up. When to tech would be based on what works for you guys.

Or, they could just go with a Havoc 2S Refurb ESC and be legal now and at USVTA events in the future esc wise. not a bad way to go for $60+shipping with warranty, and from what I recall, shipping was fixed at $7.95 regardless so a group could go in together on ESCs. Or they could hunt down some used Havocs, seen those go pretty cheap too as well as GTBs.

I think its easier to justify buying a new cheap ESC that can technically be used for other classes than a motor that possibly may only be used for 1 class, at least, thats how I looked at it when I bought the ESCs.

Last edited by Cain; 01-28-2010 at 01:44 PM.