R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Help me build my Kyosho V-ONE RRR SHIMO Ed!
Old 01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
92GTA
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
As some other have said earlier in this thread, the shimo is kind of a top level kit that will only benefit you for circuit racing. you can get another rrr (evo, wc, evo2.. whatever, same thing really) and it will be just as good and you should be able to find them cheap especially if you go used.

I would skip the brushless servos, look at ace, orion or something else for around $80 each (you need two), you need torque of 120+oz, and speed of 0.15 or lower, thats it for touring car for what you want to do.

If you just want to have the top stuff then you are close, just swap the radio for the 4pk if you want to stay futaba for any reason and it will be bling. check out 3racing parts for titanium and other metal shiny stuff.
Thanks! I might get into circuit racing someday, I can always put a .12 engine into it at that time, this .18 OS won't last forever lol! I can learn suspension in the meantime and get more practice. The older RRR's seem to still go for $439 or better and if something comes up, I think this will resale for more. Plus it's worth that much extra to me to have the latest and greatest.

I'll look into those other servos, thanks. I saw the better Futaba radios but I know I wouldn't use any of the more advanced features at this point.

I have to admit I'm really not the least bit into bling, if I could keep everything grays and blue I would be much happier, I really can't stand chrome lol.