R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 06:15 PM
rripp
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by forwardonly
After four years of owning and running my B4, I finally rebuilt the shocks last night! They had just now started leaking. Three of them were fairly filthy inside and one rear was pristine. I noticed a lack of consistency last time out and after the race checked the shocks. They were not up to par. Anyway, fresh shocks are ready to go. Sure don't enjoy the rebuild, but it was not that bad. One shock didn't want to snap into place, but other than that all went fine. Hope this will make the car more consistent next time out.

I also picked up some weights to experiment with. I am finally getting to the point where I can tell when the car needs a tweak or is dialed in. I hope to get faster with my buggy. I am competing well in expert truck, but can't break the top 5 in buggy due to inconsistent handling.

I also picked up some new rubber. JC goosebumps and barcodes. I think I will have about 5 different rear tire options to tune with now.

I am running the stock team kit. I have graphite front arms on and an aluminum hinge pin brace. Is there anything else I should consider getting. Durability is not an issue, as our track is very smooth and I rarely break. Only the stock plastic HP brace and one arm in 4 years. I am looking for more speed and a little more rear traction (going to try some weight in the rear).

Thanks

You need to come to smactrac in St Louis on Saturday nights. You sound like you may have some fun and would certainly learn some things. PM me if you want more info.