R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS/RS PRO on 1s Lipo Q&A
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
andrewdoherty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
OK, here is a weird problem...

1/12 scale, Tekin RS Pro V203, 1s LiPo, voltage booster 17.5 Duo 1 motor. Zero degree timing on motor, max boost, max turbo, 0.3 delay, default start and end RPM, no voltage cutoff, neutral 10, brake strength 100, drag brake 5, rollout 3.10 inches.

Car runs great for about 5 minutes, then falls on it's face badly, slower by around 3 seconds per lap (10.5 fast lap, to 13.5 seconds at the end). Motor is only 106 degrees after entire 8 minutes. ESC was cold, so no chance of it overheating. Case, as well as posts weren't even warm.

Swap out motor to brand new 17.5 Duo 2, try different battery, different voltage booster. Same thing. Motor is only 115 degrees after 8 minutes. Not losing control (like if regulator was dropping out).

Otherwise, car was very fast. Leading race, had a lap up over 3rd place, but he was able to make it up, pass me, and finished 1 lap up over me. I can see dropping off a few tenths, but not 30%.

Any ideas?
Idea 1: Any chance the pack is nearing full discharge? Your settings seem pretty agressive, even for 17.5. How much are you putting back in? I might even just discharge it down to 3.0 volts and then re charge to see if the pack has lost capacity.

Idea 2: Turn the esc switch off and try running it with a known well working receiver pack. Is the 1s lipo box checked? I know you said you have no LVC; maybe it is not saving its settings similar to the problem some have had with the ERPM and SRPM?