R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC3 Forum
Thread: TC3 Forum
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2004, 08:14 AM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

MikeB: Thanks! I noticed that my R 2+2 blocks sit flush with the bumper/chassis when mounted, but the R 3+2 blocks, ALL OF THEM that i have, DO NOT (almost 1 mm)... the bumper wiggles up and down when mounted. This is curious, because the squat is supposed to be the same from one block to the next, only a change in toe. Even the R 3+0 block sits flush when mounted with the bumper like the R 2+2 mount, but has the squat change in the pin holes, not where the screws go into the mount. I guess it was just a defective mold from AE? I trimmed all of my R 3+2 blocks down so they were all the same yesterday, just in case i have to swap one out with little time for the repair. I cant believe i was just swappin parts last year and come to find out NOW that i was running something totally different then i thought i was, its a pain for troubleshooting a setup! I also noticed with a little more measurement of the car, all of my F-0 blocks with an F block up front gives me a tad bit of toe out at the pin, the pins are further apart in the front than the back of the front mounts. I remedied this with my countersink bit and a little gentle "convincing" of the parts. I guess the screw holes in the chassis were further apart or together on either end of the front mounts from the factory. Now, once i hit the boards at mach2, all of this prep will be useless. "BROOM AND DUSTPAN TO TURN 4... BROOM AND DUSTPAN TO TURN 4!!"

- Dave